Click on 'Read More' for the agenda and a proposal
Bolton Socialist Club Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 28th February 2017
1) Chair’s Welcome
3) Minutes of AGM 2016
4) Matters Arising
5) Chair’s Report
6) Annual Accounts and Treasurer’s Report
7) Secretary’s Report
8) Membership Secretary’s Report
9) LMHR Report
10) Gaza/Palestine Report
11) Election of Officers : Chair
12) Election of Committee
13) Election of Auditors
15) Any Other Urgent Business
Motion for debate at the February 2017 AGM of Bolton Socialist Club
This, the Bolton Socialist Club, acknowledges the sacrifice made by all socialists in the International Brigade who volunteered to defend democracy and fight fascism in Spain from 1936 to 1939. In the words of Isidora Dolores Ibárruri Gómez (the Passion Flower) "Comrades of the International Brigades. Political reasons, reasons of state, the welfare of that same cause for which you offered your blood with boundless generosity, are sending you back, some of you to your own countries and others to forced exile. You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend. You are the heroic example of democracy’s solidarity and universality… We shall not forget you……"
- We agree to specifically acknowledge the sacrifice made by local Bolton people by agreeing, at no financial cost to the club, to Allow the erection of an International Brigade Memorial on the Wood Street Elevation of the club.
- To support or make if necessary, any applications for consent.
- Open the club to allow the unveiling of the plaque at May day celebrations to keep alive their memory in name and, honour all the men and women who volunteered to defend democracy and fight fascism in Spain from 1936 to 1939.
Proposed Kev Allsop (Member)
Seconded Sean Warren (Member)